Submissions are welcome in all categories. We appreciate diversity of content and authorship. LGBTQ , indigenous and immigrant authors are requested to mention such status, only if it is relevant to the content of your book.
What we DON’T publish.
- Porn. Tasteful erotica is fine. If in doubt submit. We will let you know.
- Partisan political books,
- Religious themed books. Religion in the context of a story is fine, but if the focus of the book is on promoting a particular religion, then no.
- Pseudo-Science. As with porn, we decide.
- Short Stories are a special category. We will review them and consider them as part of a collection or as promotional giveaways, but not for standalone publication.
Please send a query email, including the following information:
About your book:
Title and a brief description of the book. Genre, number of words and target audience.
A little about yourself and your background, any history of previous publication,
Please don’t send any attachments. If you have an Author webpage or a Goodreads page please include a link.
If you have Facebook and Twitter accounts you can share them with us or not. The choice is up to you. In any case we respect your privacy.
All queries will receive a response within one week.
For Mystery/Adventure and Historical Fiction query firstname.lastname@example.org
For Literary Fiction, Romance, YA and Fantasy query MelissaYang@tangleberry.com
For Non-Fiction and Self-help books query JackWebb@tangleberry.com
What we do with your submission:
- We read your query, and look at your websites and other links you provide.
- If the person you queried likes the book, they will reply to you and request the full manuscript. If not, you will get a letter explaining why your query was not considered. In some cases the query may be passed to another editor.
- Once we have your full manuscript, one or more of our editors will read it with a critical eye. We will look at plot, character development, and mastery of language and description. Please no not submit “work in progress.”
- If we find your manuscript worthy of publication, we will make you a detailed offer. Royalties will vary depending on the amount of work we have to do to create a publication ready book.